Laura. 23. Homoflexible. INFJ. Currently obsessed with Veronica Mars, Parks and Rec, Orphan Black, & OITNB.
omg i don't know if anyone's pointed this out before but in 1x09 of himym when ted meets the stripper at the buffet and pretends it's the mother the kids actually believe him cause the stripper's name is tracy wow it's been there all along
oh my god that’s actually hilarious
Where do you post your fanfictions?
In a multitude of places!
I’ve got some of my better stuff on ao3, then some of my older stuff on ff.net, and my LJ has a bunch of stuff, too. Though these days I’m mostly just posting to ao3.
Do you remember who the tumblr user you couldn't believe followed you was?
I do! And crazy enough, they’re still following me. And I can’t believe it.
Though I deeply regret that shout-out.
[laughing at how ridiculous this looks as a photoset lol but whatever]
- Me too. I could picture several endings I’d be a hell of a lot more happy with.
- Disagreed! I am extraordinarily proud of Robin and her success as a reporter doing what she set out to do! That aspect is great! But that’s not the only thing they did to Robin’s character. It’s the other stuff I’m furious about.
- Agreeeeed. Bros don’t go after other bros ex-wives.
- DON’T GET MY HOPES UP
- I started working on a little something last night! I will write the fix-it fic, but I’ve got a pretty busy week lined up so I’m not sure when I’ll get it properly done. Will definitely post it here, though, when I do!
- I can barely remember any of the jokes beyond that one tbh which isn’t a great sign lol
- I have some verrrry disappointing feels about Ted rn (and probably always will after all this) and idk how he feels about Robin anymore other than it seeming weird and sketchy and obsessive but I definitely do agree that Robin isn’t in love with him, so I get you. Idek, man.
- EXACTLY. That is not the happy ending I wanted for any of those characters. I think the only one not screwed over is probably Marshall (or at least the least screwed over). Sighs, huge disservice to all of the characters and their development.
- They wrote themselves into a corner that they could have successfully written their way out of if they had been willing to let go of ideas and even footage they had from s1/s2, but instead they didn’t allow the finale idea to evolve with the series.
- OH PERFECT now it’s all good (lol i’ll give into that delusion for the sake of my sanity)
remember that perfect closing scene of 7.17 where ted """closes the door""" on robin and how great an ending that was and sorry. i need somewhere to put my feelings.
You know, if I gathered anything from the rewatch I did of the entire series over the last month, it’s that Ted never got over Robin.
And that’s fine.
That’s sad for Ted, and frankly, it’s extremely sad for the Mother (I can’t seem to start calling her Tracy!! Even though the scene with them and the same initials is literally one of the cutest things i’ve ever seen and one of my fav things about the finale) because I want her to be the one. They could have been and hopefully were perfect together, but what the hell do we know about it? Not much, that’s for sure.
But there have been SO many episodes at this point where Ted supposedly got his closure on Robin that at this point, that part of the plot, just feels…completely fucked.
i am convinced that the writers of himym wrote this finale back during season 1 or 2 and didn't feel like changing it and in my head the series ended at last weeks episode
Oh, I’m fully convinced of that.
And I get it. I do.
Ted/Robin and more specifically, Ted stealing that blue french horn for Robin is a full circle ending. I appreciate that as a writer. I really do. One of my favorite things, tbh.
That being said?
The thing with HIMYM is that it’s become a completely different show since it started, and I’ve been borderline in denial of that for a long time, but it has. Probably somewhere between seasons five and six.
And they’ve been trying to keep it the same show, but it never really was. Not really. Ted and Robin aren’t the same people they were during season two, which is more than anything else why I disagree with how it all ended.
I do get it. I do really do.
But the show evolved, and they’ve had this idea in their head for an ending since basically day one, but, in my head, it doesn’t fit anymore. Not really. And it was a very real disservice to the Barney/Robin fans (a community they have known and loved since season three).
I get it.
I want to clarify that,
I get it.
Barney is the cliche single guy who loves the ladies and can’t settle down, and single Barney is the Barney everyone fell in love with. I get that. I always will. I understood why they first broke up because of their issues, and I get it now.
Neither of them are good at commitment.
I fully understand that.
But at some point, I do believe that Carter and Craig fell for Barney/Robin as a ship.
And I wish that they had not stuck to the original plan.
I get it.
But doing this to us? So many Barney/Robin shippers?
I’ll always love the show, and it will not stop meaning the world to me.
Hi! You were one of the first HIMYM blogs I followed back when first watched the show in 2011. We never talked but I always looked forward to your gifs, and as a huge Barney/Robin shipper, looked forward to you freaking out over Barney and Robin moments and just anything with the show. Gosh, does this sound creepy? haha. You are probably as upset as the rest of us, and I just want to give you a big virtual hug. I know how big of a fan you were. I'm so sad over how terrible things ended :(
Thank you so much.
Tbh I’ve had so much alcohol tonight idek
i may have ranted to a stranger about it a lot
his roommate watched
hi i'd like to ask if we can still send messages?
Go for it, I’m not going to do the final update for another few hours. :)
Do you have a streaming website where I can watch the final episode live?
I can’t guarantee that it will be functional at the time of the episode, I don’t use livestreams very often, but here’s one for CBS that will hopefully work.
I attributed lily's drinking to one of two things (or potentially both): 1) it would be suspicious if she didn't drink at all and could tip people off to the fact that she's pregnant, so drinking constantly all weekend made sure no one even thought of that. 2) sometimes having something in your hands/something to do or focus on can lessen your stress and anxiety because it takes your mind off of whatever your problem is.
Yep, that’s actually what I was just thinking. At least the first one, though really I get #2, as well.